Story and Character Development

After watching so many films, when someone said I need to choose 3 movies to talk about, the first choice came in to my mind was the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy.

Edgar Wright is one of my favorite directors. I also watched the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Ant man, and Baby Driver. I really like his absurd comedy way to express various themes.

The first work of the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy is Shaun of the Dead. The protagonist, Shaun, is a guy who can’t accomplish anything. He spends all day in the bar. He has no sense of responsibility. His only friend is Ed, who has also accomplished nothing.

But this day the whole city has undergone serious changes. Zombies have invaded, and anyone who is bitten by them will turn into zombies. After recognizing the situation, Shaun plans to save his mother and girlfriend, and kill the stepfather who he doesn’t like and has been bitten by the zombie. He imagined it very well, and at this time he was still the loser who thought he could easily achieve it by just talking casually.

However, when Shaun and Ed departed, they realized that everything was different from what they had imagined. First, the stepfather did not turn into a zombie, and the girlfriend was still with his hated friend. After experiencing a series of chaos, Shaun ‘s stepfather died, and his last words had a great impact on Sean. This is how he started to be the leader. He would yell his dissatisfaction with Ed, who was confused, and he would direct everyone to imitate the behavior of zombies to protect himself, and even stand up to save people after Ed attracted the zombies.

And when his mother was also infected, Shaun finally grew up, he could tell all his dissatisfaction, sincerely express his love for his girlfriend and his concern for friends.

This is a story about responsibility.

The second work is Hot Fuzz. Nicholas Angel works as a senior police patrol in London. It seems his greatest pleasure is catching thieves and solving crimes. For this reason, he became the most dedicated and capable officer in the police station. But this aroused the jealousy of the sheriff, so he was transferred to a remote and peaceful town as a policeman.

There have been no serious crimes in the town for decades. Nicholas was very depressed there, he felt that his ability to capture thieves had no room for display. What annoyed him even more was that Danny, the son of the chief of the police station in the town also came to join in the fun and became his partner. This new partner was extremely troublesome, asking about police officers in big cities all day long. Nicholas was worrying about the town. When the trivial affairs and the stupid partner around him, a case happened in the town, Nicholas smelled the opportunity to show his fists, and the thrilling battle began.

In this film, Nicholas and Danny influence each other. From the beginning of the stranger to the last good friend, Nicholas also learns how to relax himself, and Danny has also become an excellent policeman.

This is a story about society and justice.

(I have to say that I like this shot so much. Shooting while riding a bicycle is so funny.)

The last work is The World’s End, which is my favorite in this series. It can be called drinking to the end of the world. The story is like the title of the film. In order to make a promise when he was young, Gary King, who is overly indulged in alcohol, finds his friends who now have their own families and careers. They meet to return to their hometown of Newton Haven to try again. Find the happy hour of 5 people, 12 bars, and 60 beers all night.

At first, the protagonist Gary’s paranoia disgusted everyone. Everyone lived their own lives. Happiness and difficulties coexist. Gray didn’t have a family, but he was also very unhappy. The only thing that made him happy just a hangover when they were young. Sometimes I don’t understand gray’s madness. He is just a lunatic. And tt was confirmed later, and it really is. But he didn’t want to be surrounded by a bunch of mental illnesses and lead a boring life. This is a story of nostalgia and friendship. After the unfriendliness and contradictions between the characters are gradually enlarged, the whole movie is full of grievances and trivialities.

At this time, the sudden situation changed the tone and the risky drama was staged. The process of fighting with robots adds a touch of thrill and fantasy to the movie. Everyone has become united because of the robot, and when they are in danger, they naturally forget some trivial things. In the end, the Gray and his friends really defeated the threat.

However, the Gray’s stubbornness and madness angered the aliens, and the aliens launched a large-scale electromagnetic disaster. The earth’s civilization has been extinct and returned to the dark Middle Ages. The ending is good for Gray, but it is a disaster for the earth. But I think the what the director wants to say is that instead of becoming a screw of the mechanical society, even if it is gilded, it is better to fight for the freedom of your heart.

(Live a life that follows your heart, no matter how bad it can get.)

Every story in the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy has something in common, that is, persistence and devotion to a certain feeling. “Shaun of the Dead” insists on responsibility and friends, “Hot Fuzz” insists on justice, ” The World’s End ” insists on youth. Each of the three stories has a sentimental opening, followed by an unbelievable situation, and after a happy battle, there is an ending that still sticks to the heart. No matter what the world becomes, the protagonist walks better on the original path in his heart. This is more directly expressed in the ending of ” The World’s End “.

About my assignment brief, I have no specific ideas yet. I was playing Detroit: Become Human recently, and I have always been interested in interactive movies. (Quantic Dream is the best!!!)

底特律变人pc下载_底特律变人detroit become human中文版下载_3DM单机

For me, I can do some real-time technology research, but I am also very interested in the narrative strategy of this kind of work. I think I can decide after reading some more articles. The following link is the article I read.