Week9: Phonemes and audio

The task is to make Phonemes animation based on audio. One of the difficulties for me is the handling of some English continuous speaking, it is difficult for me to say it myself as a reference. So I found a video of a cover singer, her lip shape of the song In the name of love is relatively clear, which makes it easy to observe and determine the key pose.

But because the video is a side view, it is difficult to observe a clear frontal lip shape, so I searched for a lip shape diagram for reference.

In this task, I mainly focused on the changes of the tongue, because in many situations a simple change of mouth shape cannot accurately represent a voice, and the audience needs to see the movement of the character’s tongue, such as L of Love.

This is the aniamtion of mouth:

After making the mouth shape, I added some facial expressions and body shaking to make the character seem more engaged in the singing performance. The expression animation mainly focuses on the character’s eyebrows, because there are many parts that require strength when singing, and the changes in the eyebrows at this time can best reflect the strength.

different sense of strength

This is my final aniamtion: