Fighting Sequence Previs: Week 03

This week I mainly did the modeling of female characters. According to the efficiency, I decided to modify and add some models on a basic human body model to achieve the effect quickly.

I found a Dva model on Sketchfab, which is very suitable. Because our concept design mainly refers to Overwatch. Using such a basic girl model can quickly grasp the overall shape. And there is a more convenient that the topo of this basic model is already very good, which can save time for Re-topology.

Firstly, I split the model into several parts, the face only needs to be refined, and the topo does not need to be changed. Then the hands, which can be used directly, and the main things to be modified are the body and legs. In addition, I also decomposed the facial features to make them easier to modify later.

I did the most modeling and adjustment in Zbrush. This is the model after modifying the body shape and topo.

About her hair, I found a very suitable Zb brush. In Zb, all the brushes with Cruve in the name can created geometries attach to the surface of the model, which allows me to quickly make good hair effects.

For the production of leg armor and underwear, I use the extract in Zb. By drawing the Mask on the surface of the model, I can get the model of the same shape. After simply adjusting the edges and wiring, I can get the rough shape.

There are also mask and facial metal details, which are also made in the same way.

Next, Jacket is very important. Considering the details of the folds of this jacket, I decided to learn to use Marvelous Designer. This software is really amazing! Simple and fast, this is the effect I finally achieved in MD.

Then modify some fold details in Zb and retopo, and finally simply add basic materials in Maya.

This is the final effect.