FMP&Thesis Proposal

With the release of UE5 Early Access, Unreal Engine has a new amazing performance in graphics and production. I have communicated with some people in the film and television animation industry and learned that in terms of the current animation industry and game industry, Unreal Engine technology is actually still a brand-new technology, especially in the design and production of 3D animation, there are still many The content is worth exploring and researching. Gradually applying Unreal Engine technology to 3D animation design is a major current trend. Combining my future goals for TA or TD related work, I need to further study Unreal Engine’s solutions in various types of work.

What I mainly read is the official documentation of Unreal Engine and the literature of other people using UE4 to make animations. In the official document, there is a fairly long description of animation production. Among them, there are many methods for character binding. Some use Maya to bind with plug-ins, and some use Control Rig to bind in UE. In addition, some physics-based animation and automatic IK animation are also mentioned. These documents provide a lot of ideas, but they are more basic, and I still need to explore the specific application links.

In addition to this special technical content, I will also study character design and animation design in some games. I will continue my personal project for the third term. I will mainly watch some Pixar and Sony films on the role performance. design. In terms of art style, I will mainly pay attention to some works of Alberto Mielgo and try to study his production process.

http://www.albertomielgo.com/

According to the development of my cooperation projects and personal projects in the third semester, I decided to focus on the research of animation production solutions in UE4 in FMP. The goal is to fully use the functions in UE4 to solve character rigging, animation production and rendering. Waiting for work, finally got a stylized character animation.